- Actor, producer, television personality
|How tall is Shah Rukh Khan?
||173 cm / 5 ft 9 in
|When was Shah Rukh Khan born?
||02 November 1965
|How old is Shah Rukh Khan in 2019?
|Where was Shah Rukh Khan born?
||Talwar Nursing Home, New Delhi, India
||The Badshah of Bollywood, Shahrukh, The King of Bollywood, King Khan, SRK, The King of Romance
Net worth 2019 (estimated)
|How much does Shah Rukh Khan worth?
Who is Shah Rukh Khan? / Facts
- Referred to in the media as the "Baadshah of Bollywood", "King of Bollywood" or "King Khan", he has appeared in more than 80 Bollywood films, and earned numerous accolades, including 14 Filmfare Awards
- Described as the "Biggest Movie Star In The World" Khan has a significant following in Asia and the Indian diaspora worldwide
- In terms of audience size and income, he has been described as one of the most successful film stars in the world
- Khan began his career with appearances in several television series in the late 1980s
- He made his Bollywood debut in 1992 with Deewana
- Early in his career, Khan was recognised for portraying villainous roles in the films Darr (1993), Baazigar (1993) and Anjaam (1994)
- He then rose to prominence after starring in a series of romantic films, including Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Mohabbatein (2000) and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001)
- He earned critical acclaim for his portrayal of an alcoholic in Devdas (2002), a NASA scientist in Swades (2004), a hockey coach in Chak De! India (2007) and a man with Asperger syndrome in My Name Is Khan (2010)
- His highest-grossing films include the comedies Chennai Express (2013) and Happy New Year (2014)
- Many of his films display themes of Indian national identity and connections with diaspora communities, or gender, racial, social and religious differences and grievances
- For his contributions to film, the Government of India honoured him with the Padma Shri, and the Government of France awarded him both the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and the Légion d'honneur
- As of 2015, Khan is co-chairman of the motion picture production company Red Chillies Entertainment and its subsidiaries, and is the co-owner of the Indian Premier League cricket team Kolkata Knight Riders
- He is a frequent television presenter and stage show performer
- The media often label him as "Brand SRK" because of his many endorsement and entrepreneurship ventures
- Khan's philanthropic endeavours have provided health care and disaster relief, and he was honoured with UNESCO's Pyramide con Marni award in 2011 for his support of children's education
- He regularly features in listings of the most influential people in Indian culture, and in 2008, Newsweek named him one of their fifty most powerful people in the world