- American singer, songwriter, spokesperson, actress, and fashion designer
|Real name:||Selena Quintanilla-Pérez|
|How tall was Selena?||165 cm / 5 ft 5 in|
|Born:||16 April 1971 Comment |
|When did Selena die? / Died||31 March 1995|
|How many years did Selena live? / Lived||23 years|
|Where was Selena born?||Lake Jackson, Texas, U.S.|
|Where did Selena die? / Deathplace ||Corpus Christi, Texas, US|
Who was Selena? / Facts
- Called the Queen of Tejano music, her contributions to music and fashion made her one of the most celebrated Mexican-American entertainers of the late 20th century
- Billboard magazine named her the "top Latin artist of the '90s" and the "best selling Latin artist of the decade"
- Media outlets called her the "Tejano Madonna" for her clothing choices
- She also ranks among the most influential Latin artists of all-time and is credited for catapulting a music genre into the mainstream market
- The youngest child of the Quintanilla family, she debuted on the music scene in 1980 as a member of the band Selena y Los Dinos, which also included her elder siblings A.B. Quintanilla and Suzette Quintanilla
- Selena began recording professionally in 1982
- In the 1980s, she was often criticized and was refused bookings at venues across Texas for performing Tejano music—a male-dominated music genre
- However, her popularity grew after she won the Tejano Music Award for Female Vocalist of the Year in 1987, which she won nine consecutive times
- Selena signed with EMI Latin in 1989 and released her self-titled debut album the same year, while her brother became her principal music producer and songwriter
- Selena released Entre a Mi Mundo (1992), which peaked at number one on the U.S. Billboard Regional Mexican Albums chart for 19 nonconsecutive weeks
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Selena Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 01 April 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!