- Schmidt Spiele is a German games publisher for a wide variety of games, especially German-style board games
Schmidt Spiele facts
- Founder Josef Friedrich Schmidt developed Mensch ärgere dich nicht in 1907/1908, based on antique forerunners
- Five years later his new publishing firm began the game's serial production
- The firm expanded their range of products to include a very wide range of games of all kinds
- In the 1980s, Schmidt Spiele published the highly successful German role-playing game Das Schwarze Auge (The Dark Eye)
- Josef Friedrich Schmidt's son Franz founded his own independent enterprise named Schmidt Spiele in Nuremberg prior to the Second World War (seated in Munich after the war)
- The two enterprises maintained a shared channel of distribution, and merged in 1970
- The firm's complete archives were lost in a fire in the 1970s
- Schmidt Spiele went bankrupt in 1997 and were bought up by the Blatz-Gruppe who subsequently maintained the vastly better known brand name Schmidt Spiele, publishing their own games under this name as well
- Schmidt Spiele is run as a GmbH (Schmidt Spiele GmbH)
- In 2006 their turnover was reportedly 33
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Arcturus, Edel AG, Banner Health, The Global Mail, Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Impressions Media, Hospital SÃrio-LibanÃªs, Doc Hammer, North Kansas City Hospital, Eleven Media Group
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!