- San Diego (/ˌsæn diːˈeɪɡoʊ/, Spanish for "Saint Didacus"; Spanish: [san ˈðje
San Diego facts
- ɣo]) is a major city in California, United States
- It is in San Diego County, on the coast of the Pacific Ocean in Southern California, approximately 120 miles (190 km) south of Los Angeles and immediately adjacent to the border with Mexico
- With an estimated population of 1,394,928 as of July 1, 2015, San Diego is the eighth-largest city in the United States and second-largest in California
- It is part of the San Diego–Tijuana conurbation, the second-largest transborder agglomeration between the US and a bordering country after Detroit–Windsor, with a population of 4,922,723 people
- San Diego has been called "the birthplace of California"
- It is known for its mild year-round climate, natural deep-water harbor, extensive beaches, long association with the United States Navy, and recent emergence as a healthcare and biotechnology development center
- Historically home to the Kumeyaay people, San Diego was the first site visited by Europeans on what is now the West Coast of the United States
- Upon landing in San Diego Bay in 1542, Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo claimed the area for Spain, forming the basis for the settlement of Alta California 200 years later
- The Presidio and Mission San Diego de Alcalá, founded in 1769, formed the first European settlement in what is now California
- In 1821, San Diego became part of the newly independent Mexico, which reformed as the First Mexican Republic two years later
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Head & Shoulders for Women, Head & Shoulders LATAM, Art & Fashion Team, Natural Light, Indus Valley, Green & Spring, Beurer, Oticon, ikoo, Pantene