- American playwright, actor, author, screenwriter, and director, whose body of work spans over half a century
|Real name:||Samuel Shepard Rogers III|
|Born:||05 November 1943 Comment |
|When did Sam Shepard die? / Died||30 July 2017|
|How many years did Sam Shepard live? / Lived||73 years|
|Where was Sam Shepard born?||Fort Sheridan, Illinois, US|
Sam Shepard Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Sam Shepard worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
|Eyes color:||Light brown|
Who was Sam Shepard? / Facts
- He is the author of forty-four plays as well as several books of short stories, essays, and memoirs
- Shepard received the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in 1979 for his play Buried Child
- He was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of pilot Chuck Yeager in The Right Stuff (1983)
- Shepard received the PEN/Laura Pels International Foundation for Theater Award as a master American dramatist in 2009
- New York described him as "the greatest American playwright of his generation
- Shepard's plays are chiefly known for their bleak, poetic, often surrealist elements, black humor and rootless characters living on the outskirts of American society
- His style has evolved over the years, from the absurdism of his early Off-Off-Broadway work to the realism of Buried Child and Curse of the Starving Class (both 1978)
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Sam Shepard Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 01 August 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!