- Saarbrücken is the capital and largest city of the state of Saarland, Germany
- Saarbrücken is Saarland's administrative, commercial and cultural centre
- The city is situated next to the French border at the heart of the metropolitan area of Saarland
- Saarbrücken was created in 1909 by the merger of three towns, Saarbrücken, St
- Johann, and Malstatt-Burbach
- It used to be the industrial and transport centre of the Saar coal basin
- Products included iron and steel, sugar, beer, pottery, optical instruments, machinery, and construction materials
- Historic landmarks in the city include the stone bridge across the Saar (1546), the Gothic church of St Arnual, the 18th-century Saarbrücken Castle, and the old part of the town, the St
- Johanner Markt (Sankt Johann market)
- Twice in the 20th century Saarbrücken was separated from Germany: in 1920–35 as capital of the Territory of the Saar Basin and in 1947–56 as capital of the Saar Protectorate
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Four Loko, Carambar, QuikTrip, Frank's RedHot, Bolthouse Farms, Grubhub, Auntie Anne's, BÃºfalo, Smarties, Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!