- Roger is a masculine given name and a surname
- The given name is derived from the Old French personal names Roger and Rogier
- These names are of Germanic origin, derived from the elements hrōd ("fame", "renown") and gār, gēr ("spear", "lance")
- The name was introduced into England by the Normans
- In Normandy, the Frankish name had been reinforced by the Old Norse cognate Hróðgeirr
- The name introduced into England replaced the Old English cognate Hroðgar
- Roger became a very common given name during the Middle Ages
- A variant form of the given name Roger is Rodger
- The surname Roger is sometimes an Anglicised form of the Gaelic surname Mac Ruaidhrí
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Brand New, ZAZ, Die Fantastischen Vier, Peter Hollens, Detonautas Roque Clube, Vybz Kartel, Opeth, Prince Ea, Jack Beats, Lulu Santos
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!