- Rodrigo "Rody" Roa Duterte, also known as Digong, is a Filipino politician and jurist who is the 16th and current President of the Philippines, also the Chairman of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations for 2017
|Born:||28 March 1945 Comment |
|How old is Rodrigo Duterte in 2021? / Age: ||76 years
Rodrigo Duterte facts
- He is the first Mindanaoan to hold the office, and the fourth of Visayan descent
- Duterte studied political science at the Lyceum of the Philippines University, graduating in 1968, before obtaining a law degree from San Beda College of Law in 1972
- He then worked as a lawyer and was a prosecutor for Davao City, a highly urbanized city on Mindanao island, before becoming vice mayor and subsequently, mayor of the city, in wake of the Philippine Revolution of 1986
- Duterte was among the longest-serving mayors in the Philippines, serving seven terms and totaling more than 22 years in office
- Duterte's political success has been aided by his vocal support for the extrajudicial killing of drug users and criminals
- Human rights groups have documented over 1,400 killings allegedly by vigilante groups occurring in Davao between 1998 and May 2016; the victims were mainly drug users, petty criminals and street children
- Duterte denied any involvement in the said vigilante groups
- A January 2016 decision by the Office of the Ombudsman on the alleged death squad in Davao between 2005 and 2009 found o evidence to support 'the killings attributed or attributable to the Davao Death Squad much less the involvement of Mayor Rodrigo Duterte"
- On May 9, 2016, Duterte won the Philippine presidential election, garnering 16,601,997 votes (39
- 01% of total votes cast, and 6
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!