- English-American actor, voice artist, film director and photographer
|Real name:||Roderick Andrew Anthony Jude McDowall|
Roddy McDowall Height
|How tall was Roddy McDowall?||178 cm / 5 ft 11 in|
|Born:||17 September 1928 Comment |
|When did Roddy McDowall die? / Died||03 October 1998|
|How many years did Roddy McDowall live? / Lived||70 years|
|Where was Roddy McDowall born?||Herne Hill, United Kingdom|
|Where did Roddy McDowall die? / Deathplace ||Studio City, California, United States|
Who was Roddy McDowall? / Facts
- He is best known for portraying Cornelius and Caesar in the original Planet of the Apes film series, as well as Galen in the spin-off television series
- He began his acting career as a child in England, and then in the United States, in How Green Was My Valley (1941), My Friend Flicka (1943) and Lassie Come Home (1943)
- As an adult, McDowall appeared most frequently as a character actor on radio, stage, film, and television
- For portraying Augustus in the historical drama Cleopatra (1963), he was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture
- Other titles include The Longest Day (1962), The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965), Inside Daisy Clover (1968), That Darn Cat! (1968), Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971), The Poseidon Adventure (1972), Funny Lady (1975), Class of 1984 (1982), Fright Night (1985), Fright Night Part 2 (1988) and A Bug's Life (1998)
- He also served in various positions on the Board of Governors for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and the Selection Committee for the Kennedy Center Honors, further contributing to various charities related to the film industry and film preservation
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 14 March 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!