|Real name:||Margarita Ibrahimoff|
|How tall is Rita Wilson?||172 cm / 5 ft 8 in|
|Weight|| 65 kg / 143 lbs||When was Rita Wilson born?||26 October 1956 |
|How old is Rita Wilson in 2020? ||63 years|
|Where was Rita Wilson born?||Los Angeles, California, US|
Net worth 2020 (estimated)
|How much does Rita Wilson worth?||$120,000,000|
Who is Rita Wilson? / Facts
Early life - Born as Margarita Ibrahimoff in Hollywood, California, where she grew up.
Her father, Hassan Halilov Ibrahimoff moved from Bulgaria to the US in 1949.
He converted from Islam to Orthodox Christianity upon his marriage and changed his name to Allan Wilson in 1960.
In addition to Bulgarian, her father could speak Russian, Turkish, Polish, Greek, a little bit of Italian and French.
Tom Hanks modeled his portrayal of the character Viktor Navorski in the film The Terminal on his father-in-law.
Film roles - in Volunteers (1985), Sleepless in Seattle (1993), Now and Then (1995), Jingle All the Way (1996), The Story of Us (1999), Runaway Bride (1999), and It's Complicated (2009).
TV series - The Good Wife, From the Earth to the Moon, Girls, Barbarians at the Gate, Full Circle.
Theatre - Performed the role of Roxie Hart in the revival of Chicago, on Broadway (2006).
Played main character's wife Brenda in the sold-out original play, Fish in the Dark, on Broadway (2015).
Played various roles in Love, Loss and What I Wore, Off Broadway.
Had different roles in the Los Angeles productions at the Geffen Playhouse.
Music albums - AM/FM, Rita Wilson, Bigger Picture, and Halfway to Home.
Journalism - Has been a contributing editor to Harper's Bazaar magazine.
Also started, and was Editor at Large, of a section on The Huffington Post called Huff/Post50, which explored issues and topics relative to people over 50 years old.
Has written for O, The Oprah Magazine.
- Honors - In March 2019, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
In 2018, Rita and Tom were honored with USC Shoah Foundation's Ambassadors For Humanity award in recognition of their longstanding commitment to humanitarian causes and support of veterans.
- Personal life - Married actor Tom Hanks in 1988. They have two sons, Chester and Truman.
Rita has two stepchildren, Colin and Elizabeth Hanks.
- Religion - Member of the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Health issues - Diagnosed with breast cancer in April 2015, had undergone a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery.
- COVID-19 - Rita and her husband, Tom Hanks, had contracted COVID-19 and were experiencing minor symptoms, while he was shooting an upcoming film Elvis (as Colonel Tom Parker) with director Baz Luhrmann in Australia, in mid March 2020.
They were admitted to the Gold Coast University Hospital.
- Philantropy - Honorary co-chair, along with husband Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw, of the Women's Cancer Research Fund
Supports The Shakespeare Center of Los Angeles, raising funds to support programs for underprivileged youth.
Along husband, contributes to other charities including AIDS Project Los Angeles.
- Stats - 763K followers on Instagram, and 439.3K followers on Twitter as of March 2020.
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, London, U.K.
My mother is Greek and my father is Bulgarian. I am a first-generation American and native Los Angeleno. I was born and raised in Hollywood.
I would go to school and be American and then come home and be Greek.
The Greek side of me definitely loves a good meal, a lot of laughing, loud discussions.
I always wanted to sing. I didn't know how to do it. I didn't know how to make the singing thing happen.
Performing live actually thrills me. Just get me a stage, get me a mic, and I'm going to be happy.
As a woman, I feel women get the shaft all the time.
You've got to want to be married to the person you're married to.
Awareness is empowering.
Rita Wilson Social Media Accounts
Truman Theodore, Allan Wilson, Dorothy Wilson, Celebrities-Tested-Positive-for-Coronavirus-COVID-19, Coronavirus-outbreak-2019-2020