- Most popular Youtuber on Earth, with 52m subscribers and 14bn views at the end of 2016
- He focuses on action and horror gameplay videos and ocassional comedy.
|Real name:||Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg|
|How tall is PewDiePie?||180 cm / 5 ft 11 in|
|Weight|| 75 kg / 165 lbs Comment
|Born:||24 October 1989 Comment |
|How old is PewDiePie in 2021? / Age: ||31 years
|Where was PewDiePie born?||Gothenburg, Sweden|
|Residence:||Brighton, England, United Kingdom|
PewDiePie Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is PewDiePie worth?||$90,000,000
|Hair color:||Light brown|
Who is PewDiePie? / Facts
Join the discussion on PewDiePie · age »
- Old-timer - Felix is one of the few video creaters from the early days of YouTube that are still going strong. His channel started on 29 April 2010. He posts every day and his most watched videos are his Funny Montages, greatest moments compilation from his clips. Despite the general belief he admits that it was not a viral thing and that his channel grew slow but steady.
- Gives back - Althought he is the target of a lot of speculation regarding how much he earns (The Wall Street Journal estimating around $4m a year), he likes to leverage his fame to help others, raising funds for WWF, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Save the Children and various other charities and causes. He also promotes Indie games, giving them a hand with publicity.
- Mariza Bisognin - Was a fan from Italy that wrote to him in his early days and they started chatting online. One day in 2011, he took all his savings and flew over to Italy. He didn't know any Italian and she didn't know English that well however once there he realized that they have so much in common. He says that was one of his wildest and best things that happened to him. She moved to Sweden after some time, then bounced back to Italy only to find their place in Brighton, UK after some time. They own two pugs. And now Mariza is also a vlogger.
- Horror time - PewDiePie has his own horror gameshow, Scare PewDiePie, featured on YouTube Red as an original series, from the creator of The Walking Dead.
- Followed his dream - And it was no easy ride. As a kid he was quite happy but as he got older got more introverted and created his own bubble. Lost his friends, his grades fell, and it was quite a difficult time. However he tried to prove to himself that he can get up again and started to focus on school, then picked up Photoshop, had some success at a gallery and bought a new computer. For Photoshop. And for something he had been wanting to do for quite some time. Posting video games. And that's when it all started.
- Next steps - His parents, executives with good reputation in Sweden did not see a great future in his video gaming activity and did not back him up at the beginning, hoping he would change direction. However seems that Felix felt this is what he wanted to do so dropped out of Chalmers University of Technology, and in an effort to support himself got any job he could to make a living, including selling hot dogs and working in a harbour. His channel picked up and the rest is history (in the making).
- Loyal to his fans - He puts a lot of soul into his videos and tries to keep up with the comments and the feedback from the community. As such the community returns this loyalty. They are called The Bros Army. They even have the "Bro Fist" way of saluting.
- Lots to say - Seems that his videos are not enough for what PewDiePie has to share, so he put some of his thoughts into a self-help book, titled "This book loves you", full of humor and illustrations, advice and wisdom for everybody to use wrapped up in 240 pages. One of the starting pages states "Don't forget that you're beautiful... Compared to a fish. Life is all about perspective!" and "Don’t be yourself. Be a pizza. Everyone loves pizza."
- Maker Studios - Is the network supporting PewDiePie, backing him up and promoting his content. As expected he is the top member, seconded by VEGETTA777 in terms of subscribers (16.7m) and by Markiplier in terms of views (6.4bn). The network was bought by Disney in 2015.
- Taylor Swift stalker - Starting tweeting her in 2013 and asked her to notice him and follow him on Twitter. He continued to put photos and videos dedicated to her and it went on for a while. Until the beginning of 2015 to be more precise. When he "threatened" her that he'll become an Ellie Goulding fan instead.
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
What users say about PewDiePie
- Kristian: Do you like cheese? (November 23, 2020)
- Chalmers University of Technology - dropped out
- "It was so much easier to connect with my fans when I was smaller. I could answer every message, and I enjoyed doing that."
- "I just want to entertain - that is my main objective and what comes before everything else."
- "I'm just so very lucky to be able to do what I do for a living, and giving back is a way for me to express my gratitude. I'm so lucky to be in a position to help people, and that's appealing to me."
- "When I started my YouTube channel in 2010, I never imagined that one day it would be the most subscribed channel in the world and that I would be a part of such a great community."
- "I just want to connect with you bros. That's all I care about, because you bros' support really means everything to me."
- "Dropping the news to my parents that I was skipping my 'dream education' at Chalmers to sit at home recording videos while playing video games was not easy."
- "Don’t be a salad, be the best damn broccoli you could ever be."
- "With my channel, and what people associate with Internet, most people think it goes viral, you become this huge thing super quick. I never had an explosion or a huge thing. It’s just been something that has progressively been growing. It’s been building."
PewDiePie Social Media Accounts
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 10 January 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!