- Peg Kehret is an American author, primarily writing for children between the ages of 11 and 15
|Born:||11 November 1936 Comment |
|How old is Peg Kehret in 2021? / Age: ||84 years
Peg Kehret facts
- Kehret was born in La Crosse, Wisconsin
- After a normal childhood, she contracted polio at age 12 in 1949
- Her infection, which occurred along with 42,033 other cases, involved each of the three types of polio damage: spinal, respiratory, and the least common kind, bulbar
- The infection left her paralyzed her from the neck and down and also resulted in a nine-month hospital stay
- The experience changed Kehret's life, as she describes in her memoir Small Steps: The Year I Got Polio
- Most of Kehret's books are based on events and places in her life
- For example, The Ghost's Grave; there used to be a small cemetery up the road where she lived as a child, with the same name on a grave stone as the one in the book
- In 1955, she married Carl Kehret; they moved to California and adopted two children, Bob and Anne
- Before Kehret began writing children's books she wrote plays, radio commercials and magazine stories
- In 1978, the Kehrets moved to Washington
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
What users say about Peg Kehret
- AL: Very cool (December 16, 2020)
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!