- Paula Jane Radcliffe, MBE is an English long-distance runner
|When was Paula Radcliffe born?
||17 December 1973
|How old is Paula Radcliffe in 2019?
Paula Radcliffe facts
- She is the current women's world record holder in the marathon with her time of 2 hours 15 minutes and 25 seconds
- She is a three-time winner of the London Marathon (2002, 2003, 2005), three-time New York Marathon champion (2004, 2007, 2008), and won the 2002 Chicago Marathon
- Radcliffe is a former world champion in the marathon, half marathon and cross country
- She has also been European champion over 10,000 metres and in cross country
- On the track, Radcliffe won the 10,000 metres silver medal at the 1999 World Championships and was the 2002 Commonwealth champion at 5000 metres
- She represented Great Britain at the Olympics four times consecutively (1996 to 2008), although she did not win a podium position in these events
- Her running has earned her a number of accolades including the BBC Sports Personality of the Year, Laureus World Comeback of the Year, IAAF World Athlete of the Year, AIMS World Athlete of the Year (three times) and a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE)
- She has also been nominated for World Sportswoman of the year on several occasions
- In 2010, she was inducted into the England Athletics Hall of Fame
- She ended her competitive running career at the 2015 London Marathon