- A parachute is a device used to slow the motion of an object through an atmosphere by creating drag
- Parachutes are usually made out of light, strong cloth, originally silk, now most commonly nylon
- Parachutes often take the shape of a dome, but shapes may vary including some taking the shape of an inverted dome
- Depending on the situation, parachutes are used with a variety of loads, including people, food, equipment, space capsules, and bombs
- Drogue chutes are used to aid horizontal deceleration of a vehicle (a fixed-wing aircraft, or a drag racer), or to provide stability (certain types of light aircraft in distress; tandem free-fall)
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.