- Oscar De La Hoya is a former professional boxer who competed from 1992 to 2008
- He holds dual American and Mexican citizenship
|Born:||04 February 1973 Comment |
|How old is Oscar De La Hoya in 2021? / Age: ||48 years
Who is Oscar De La Hoya? / Facts
- Nicknamed "The Golden Boy", De La Hoya represented the United States at the 1992 Summer Olympics, winning a gold medal in the lightweight division shortly after graduating from James A
- Garfield High School
- He was born in Los Angeles, California, and comes from a boxing family
- His grandfather Vicente, father Joel Sr. and brother Joel Jr. were all boxers
- De La Hoya was named Fighter of the Year by the The Ring magazine in 1995, and was their top-rated fighter in the world, pound for pound, in 1997 and 1998
- He officially announced his retirement in 2009, after a professional career spanning sixteen years
- As a professional, De La Hoya won ten world titles in six different weight classes, including the lineal championship in three weight classes
- He also generated approximately $700 million in pay-per-view income, making him the top pay-per-view earner before being surpassed by Floyd Mayweather Jr
- In 2002, De La Hoya founded Golden Boy Promotions, a combat sport promotional firm
- He is the first American of Mexican descent to own a national boxing promotional firm and one of the few boxers to take on promotional responsibilities while still active
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 16 October 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!