- Canadian film director, producer, actor and founder of the Canadian Film Centre
|Real name:||Norman Frederick Jewison|
|Born:||21 July 1926 Comment |
|How old is Norman Jewison in 2021? / Age: ||95 years
|Where was Norman Jewison born?||Toronto, Canada|
Who is Norman Jewison? / Facts
- He has directed dozens of feature films and has been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Director three times in three separate decades for In the Heat of the Night (1967), Fiddler on the Roof (1971) and Moonstruck (1987)
- Other highlights of his directing career include The Cincinnati Kid (1965), The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming (1966), The Thomas Crown Affair (1968), Jesus Christ Superstar (1973), F.I.S.T. (1978), And Justice for All (1979), A Soldier's Story (1984), Agnes of God (1985), Other People's Money (1991), The Hurricane (1999) and The Statement (2003)
- Jewison has addressed important social and political issues throughout his directing and producing career, often making controversial or complicated subjects accessible to mainstream audiences
- He has won accolades around the world, including numerous Golden Globe nominations, a BAFTA Award, the Silver Bear for Best Director at the prestigious Berlin Film Festival, Lifetime Achievement Awards from both the Directors Guild of Canada and America, and the Irving G
- Thalberg Memorial Award at the 71st annual Academy Awards
- In 2003, Jewison received the Governor General's Performing Arts Award for Lifetime Artistic Achievement for his multiple contributions to the film industry in Canada
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
What users say about Norman Jewison
- Don Crawford: Superb Director ignored by Hollywood (December 20, 2020)
I'm in the mood for another Moonstruck experience, for another romantic comedy.
Everything Sholom Aleichem talks about in his plays and his short stories is about people, family, man's relationship with his God, the breaking down of tradition.
Directing, in many ways, is manipulation because you're dealing with a lot of egos. You have to manipulate people into thinking it was their idea, to get them to do what you see as being the best, to edit them without their knowing they're being edited.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 19 March 2017
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!