- Nicholas Edward "Nick" Cave is an Australian musician, singer-songwriter, author, screenwriter, composer and occasional film actor, best known as the frontman of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
|Born:||22 September 1957 Comment |
|How old is Nick Cave in 2021? / Age: ||64 years
Nick Cave facts
- Referred to as rock music's "Prince of Darkness", Cave's music is generally characterised by emotional intensity, a wide variety of influences, and lyrical obsessions with death, religion, love and violence
- NME called him "the grand lord of gothic lushness"
- Born and raised in rural Victoria, Cave studied art in Melbourne and for a time considered becoming a painter
- In the 1970s, he formed and fronted the Boys Next Door, which spearheaded Melbourne's bourgeoning post-punk scene
- They changed their name to the Birthday Party and relocated to London in 1980
- Disillusioned by life in England, the band's sound and live shows became increasingly violent, and they garnered a reputation as one of darkest and most challenging groups of the 1980s
- For this they are credited as a major influence on gothic rock
- The band, having released three albums and two EPs, fell apart after moving to West Berlin in 1983
- After the break up of the Birthday Party, Cave formed Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in 1983, releasing its debut album the following year
- Much of the band's early material was set in a mythic American Deep South, drawing on spirituals and Delta blues, while Cave's preoccupation with Old Testament notions of good versus evil culminated in what has been called his signature song, "The Mercy Seat" (1988)
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!