- Naked Wines is an online wine retailer founded by Rowan Gormley which launched in the UK on 1 December 2008
Naked Wines facts
- Naked Wines' customers (called Angels) fund independent winemakers from around the world, in return for wines at wholesale prices
- They currently ship wine throughout the UK, USA and Australia
- The Naked model works as on social network principles, encouraging customers to review their wines and interact with other customers online; reviewers give the wines Likert-scale style scores out of five, a Yes/No to whether they would buy the wine again and a textual description
- When prospective buyers look at a wine's page they will see the percentage of those who have said they would buy again a list of people's reviews
- 'Archangels' are a smaller group of customers that Naked Wines have invited to assume the role on the basis that they engage actively on the site to help other customers and review all their wines
- Naked Wines was named the Online Business of the Year at the National Business Awards in 2011
- In December 2013 it was named one of the top 1000 companies to inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange Group, winning the 'Top Online Retailer' award
- On 10 April 2015, Naked Wines was acquired by Majestic Wine and Rowan Gormley was appointed CEO of the enlarged group
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Halo 4, Halo 3, Peter Roskam, Schmidt Spiele, Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs - The Game, John Barrasso, Candy Rock, Song of the Deep, Ubisoft Barcelona, TNT Racers
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!