- Muhammad Ali was an American professional boxer, activist, entertainer and philanthropist
- Nicknamed The Greatest, he is widely regarded as one of the most significant and celebrated figures of the 20th century and as one of the greatest boxers of all time
|Real name:||Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr.|
Muhammad Ali Height
|How tall was Muhammad Ali?||191 cm / 6 ft 4 in|
|Weight|| 107 kg / 236 lbs Comment
|Born:||17 January 1942 Comment |
|When did Muhammad Ali die? / Died||03 June 2016|
|How many years did Muhammad Ali live? / Lived||74 years|
|Where was Muhammad Ali born?||Louisville, Kentucky, United States|
|Where did Muhammad Ali die? / Deathplace ||Scottsdale, Arizona, US|
Muhammad Ali Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is Muhammad Ali worth?||$80,000,000
Who was Muhammad Ali? / Facts
- Ali was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky
- He began training as an amateur boxer at age 12
- At 18, he won a gold medal in the light heavyweight division at the 1960 Summer Olympics and turned professional later that year
- He became a Muslim after 1961
- He won the world heavyweight championship from Sonny Liston in a major upset on February 25, 1964, at age 22
- On March 6, 1964, he announced that he no longer would be known as Cassius Clay but as Muhammad Ali
- In 1966, Ali refused to be drafted into the military, citing his religious beliefs and ethical opposition to the Vietnam War
- He was found guilty of draft evasion so he faced 5 years in prison and was stripped of his boxing titles
- He stayed out of prison as he appealed the decision to the Supreme Court, which overturned his conviction in 1971, but he had not fought for nearly four years and lost a period of peak performance as an athlete
- Ali's actions as a conscientious objector to the Vietnam War made him an icon for the larger counterculture generation, and he was a very high-profile figure of racial pride for African Americans during the civil rights movement and throughout his career
- As a Muslim, Ali was initially affiliated with Elijah Muhammad's Nation of Islam (NOI)
- He later disavowed the NOI, adhering to Sunni Islam, and supporting racial integration like his former mentor Malcolm X
- Social media stats as of January 2021:
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 20 January 2021
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!