- Moxie is a brand of carbonated beverage that was among the first mass-produced soft drinks in the United States
- It continues to be regionally popular today
- It is produced by the Moxie Beverage Company of Bedford, New Hampshire, which (through several levels of wholly owned subsidiaries) is part of the Kirin Holdings Company of Tokyo, Japan
- As a result of widespread brand advertising, the brand name has become the word "moxie" in the English language, meaning "courage, daring, or spirit"
- Moxie's flavor is unique, as it is not as sweet as most modern soft drinks and is described by some as bitter
- Moxie is flavored with gentian root extract, an extremely bitter substance which was reputed to possess medicinal properties
- It originated around 1876 as a patent medicine called "Moxie Nerve Food"
- Moxie is closely associated with the state of Maine and was designated the official soft drink of Maine on May 10, 2005
- Its creator, Dr
- Augustin Thompson, was born in Union, Maine, but Moxie was created and first produced in Lowell, Massachusetts
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011, Iowa Army Ammunition Plant, Nebraska Department of Economic Development, Goldman, Mayfair Games, Call of Duty | Modern Warfare 3, GO Transit, Drift City, Dance on Broadway, United States Air Force