- Morton Lyon "Mort" Sahl is a Canadian-born American comedian and social satirist, considered by filmmaker Robert B
|Born:||11 May 1927 Comment |
|How old is Mort Sahl in 2021? / Age: ||94 years
Mort Sahl facts
- Weide to be the first modern stand-up comedian since Will Rogers, a humorist in the early 20th century
- Sahl pioneered a style of social satire which pokes fun at political and current event topics using improvised monologues and only a newspaper as a prop
- Sahl spent his early years in Los Angeles and moved to the San Francisco Bay Area where he made his professional stage debut at the hungry i nightclub in 1953
- His popularity grew quickly, and after a year at the club he traveled the country doing shows at established nightclubs, theaters and college campuses
- In 1960 he became the first comedian to have a cover story written about them by Time magazine
- He appeared on various television shows, played a number of film roles, and performed a one-man show on Broadway
- Television host Steve Allen claimed that Sahl was "the only real political philosopher we have in modern comedy
- " His social satire performances broke new ground in live entertainment, as a stand-up comic talking about the real world of politics at that time was considered "revolutionary
- " It inspired many later comics to become stage comedians, including Lenny Bruce, Jonathan Winters and Woody Allen
- Allen credits Sahl's new style of humor with "opening up vistas for people like me
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!