- Mordechai Vanunu, also known as John Crossman, is an Israeli former nuclear technician and peace activist who, citing his opposition to weapons of mass destruction, revealed details of Israel's nuclear weapons program to the British press in 1986
|Born:||14 October 1954 Comment |
|How old is Mordechai Vanunu in 2021? / Age: ||67 years
Mordechai Vanunu facts
- He was subsequently lured to Italy by a Mossad agent, where he was drugged and abducted by Israeli intelligence agents
- He was transported to Israel and ultimately convicted in a trial that was held behind closed doors
- Vanunu spent 18 years in prison, including more than 11 in solitary confinement
- Released from prison in 2004, he became subject to a broad array of restrictions on his speech and movement
- Since then he has been arrested several times for violations of those restrictions, including giving various interviews to foreign journalists and attempting to leave Israel
- He says he suffered "cruel and barbaric treatment" at the hands of Israeli authorities while imprisoned, and suggests that his treatment would have been different if he had not converted to Christianity from Judaism
- In 2007, Vanunu was sentenced to six months in prison for violating terms of his parole
- The sentence was considered unusual even by the prosecution who expected a suspended sentence
- In response, Amnesty International issued a press release on 2 July 2007, stating that "The organisation considers Mordechai Vanunu to be a prisoner of conscience and calls for his immediate and unconditional release
- " In May 2010, Vanunu was arrested and sentenced to three months in jail on a charge that he met foreigners in violation of conditions of his 2004 release from jail
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!