- Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra – 22 April 1616), was a Spanish writer who is widely regarded as the greatest writer in the Spanish language and one of the world's pre-eminent novelists
|Born:||29 September 1547 Comment |
|How old is Miguel de Cervantes in 2021? / Age: ||474 years
Miguel de Cervantes facts
- His major work, Don Quixote, considered to be the first modern novel, is a classic of Western literature, and is regarded amongst the best works of fiction ever written
- His influence on the Spanish language has been so great that the language is often called la lengua de Cervantes ("the language of Cervantes")
- He has also been d믭 El príncipe de los ingenios ("The Prince of Wits")
- In 1569, in forced exile from Castile, Cervantes moved to Rome, where he worked as chamber assistant of a cardinal
- He then enlisted as a soldier in a Spanish Navy infantry regiment and continued his military life until 1575, when he was captured by Barbary pirates
- After five years of captivity, he was released by his captors on payment of a ransom by his parents and the Trinitarians, a Catholic religious order, and he subsequently returned to his family in Madrid
- In 1585, Cervantes published a pastoral novel named La Galatea
- He worked as a purchasing agent for the Spanish Armada, and later as a tax collector for the government
- In 1597, discrepancies in his accounts for three years previous landed him in the Crown Jail of Seville
- In 1605, he was in Valladolid when the immediate success of the first part of his Don Quixote, published in Madrid, signalled his return to the literary world
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!