- The Merck Group, branded and commonly known as Merck, is a German multinational chemical, pharmaceutical and life sciences company headquartered in Darmstadt, with around 50,000 employees in around 70 countries
Merck Group facts
- Merck was founded in 1668 and is the world's oldest operating chemical and pharmaceutical company, as well as one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world
- Merck operates in Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas
- It has major research and development centres in Darmstadt, Boston, Tokyo and Beijing
- Merck pioneered the commercial manufacture of morphine in the 19th century and for a time held a virtual monopoly on cocaine
- Merck was privately owned until going public on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange in 1995, and is listed on the DAX index of Germany's top companies
- The Merck family still controls a majority 70
- 3% of the company's shares
- The Merck Group includes around 250 companies in 180 countries; the current main parent company of the group, since 1995, is named Merck KGaA, and is itself mainly owned by the former main parent company, E
- Merck oHG, which now operates as a holding company
- The American pharmaceutical company Merck & Co
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: University Health Network, J&K Kitchen Bath Stone, Singapore General Hospital, Providence Portland Medical Center, Marco Polo Ortigas Manila, Northwell Health, Baptist Hospital of Miami, MGM Grand Detroit, InterContinental Hong Kong, UF Health Jacksonville
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!