- Martha Graham was an American modern dancer and choreographer whose influence on dance has been compared with the influence of Picasso on modern visual arts, the influence of Stravinsky on music, and the influence of Frank Lloyd Wright on architecture
|Born:||11 May 1894 Comment |
|When did Martha Graham die? / Died||01 April 1991|
|How many years did Martha Graham live? / Lived||96 years|
Martha Graham facts
- She danced and choreographed for over seventy years
- Graham was the first dancer to perform at the White House, travel abroad as a cultural ambassador, and receive the highest civilian award of the US: the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- In her lifetime she received honors ranging from the Key to the City of Paris to Japan's Imperial Order of the Precious Crown
- She said, in the 1994 documentary The Dancer Revealed, "I have spent all my life with dance and being a dancer
- It's permitting life to use you in a very intense way
- Sometimes it is not pleasant
- Sometimes it is fearful
- But nevertheless it is inevitable
- " nHer style, the Graham technique, fundamentally reshaped American dance and is still taught worldwide
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!