- Russian professional tennis player
|Real name:||Maria Yuryevna Sharapova|
|How tall is Maria Sharapova?||188 cm / 6 ft 3 in|
|Weight|| 59 kg / 130 lbs||Born:||19 April 1987 |
|How old is Maria Sharapova in 2020? / Age: ||33 years|
|Where was Maria Sharapova born?||Nyagan, Russia|
|Residence:||Bradenton, Florida, USA|
|Nicknames:||Masha, The Siberian Siren, Sibirskaya Sirena|
Net worth 2020 (estimated)
|How much is Maria Sharapova worth?||$135,000,000|
Who is Maria Sharapova? / Facts
- Early start - Began playing tennis at the age of 4.
- Dreamer - Drawn to the American dream since 7 years old. She was separated by her mother for 2 years due to visa and financial restrictions.
- Perfectly mirrored - Ambidextrous player.
- Growler - Known for her loud grunts. She hold the record at Wimbledon where she reached 101.2 decibels after hitting a ball. That is louder than a motorcycle or a lawnmower.
- Top girl - Was the best player in the world in 2005, first Russian to hit that mark and according to Forbes she was also the highest paid female athlete that same year. However she scored only #8 in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women in the World.
- Not desperate - He was offered a guest star role in the Desperate Housewives TV show but declined, saying that she is neither desperate, nor anybody's wife.
- Sweet lady - Partnered with IT'SUGAR and launched the Sugarpova candy line. Part of the sales are donated to her charity Maria Sharapova Foundation
- Busted - Got a positive result for using meldonium, for which she got suspended for 2 years. It was proven however that she did not take it intentionally, after it was introduced on the banned chemicals that athletes can use.
- Early bird - Signed her first deal with Nike at 11 years old.
- "Rivalries are exciting for me and for the sport. That's what women's tennis really needs and men's tennis doesn't lack."
- "It's easy to impress me. I don't need a fancy party to be happy. Just good friends, good food, and good laughs. I'm happy. I'm satisfied. I'm content."
- "If everything was going smoothly you would never build character."
- "You have your bad moments in your career and your good moments. And it's been a good ride so far, but it's not over yet."
- "I want to be different. If everyone is wearing black, I want to be wearing red."
- "I'm not the next anyone, I'm the first Maria Sharapova."
- "Take your pencils down, take your grunt-o-meters down, the fashion police, put it all away and just watch the match."
Maria Sharapova Social Media Accounts