- Maren Morris, age 27, is an American country music singer, songwriter and producer. Her hit "My Church", included on her 4th album, "Hero", boosted her on top of the Country Digital Songs charts, and got her several Billboard and Grammy Awards and nominations.
- With an infusion of pop, rock and modern sounds added to her country base, she is seen as one of the hottest artists to look out for in the coming years.
- Discover more facts on Maren, below.
|Maren Larae Morris
Maren Morris Height
|How tall is Maren Morris?
|163 cm / 5 ft 5 in
| 53 kg / 117 lbs Comment
|10 April 1990 Comment
|How old is Maren Morris in 2024? / Age:
|Where was Maren Morris born?
|Arlington, Texas, US
|Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Maren Morris Net worth 2024 (estimated)
|How much is Maren Morris worth?
Who is Maren Morris? / Facts
- Musical journey - Maren tested the waters of singing while very young, starting with the family's karaoke machine at the parties they threw. She got a raving feedback which gave her the confidence needed to pursue this direction. She got her first guitar when she was 12 and started to focus also on the songwriting part. Her debut album, Wolk on was released back in 2005, when she was just 15. This was followed by All that it takes (2007) and the Live Wire (2011). In order to increase her reach she would sing in basically any bar that would like her in. She would also perform at amateur wrestling championship. She also released a self titled EP in 2015.
- Breakthrough - In 2016 she released her single "My Church" which went viral and got her over 26m views on YouTube. The single took the first position on the Country Digital Song charts that year. It also got her a deal with Sony's Columbia Nashville record label and was included on her 4th album to date, "Hero" (2016), which reached the 5th position on Billboard 200 and 1st place on the Top Country Albums chart.
- Long road - She was a contestant for both the American Idol and The Voice but was rejected from both. Now she always looks back with a smile, happy that things turned out this way as she loves it now that she can make music on her terms. Later on her songs were sung by other contestants. Although the journey might not have been the smoothest for her it lead her to a dream come true when she performed on the Saturday Night Live.
- Awards - "My Church" claimed her the 2016 CMA New Artist of the Year, and a Grammy for "Best Country solo Performance". She was also nomiated for Best New Artist. She was also given the Billboard Women in Music 2016, Breakthrough Star Award.
- Songwriting - She is also a popular tunesmith, her collaborations including Tim McGraw and Kelly Clarkson.
- Style - Maren combines country pop with folk rock and gets her influences from Dixie Chicks, Sheryl Crow, Dolly Parton, Patsie Cline but also looks up to Chaka Khan and Clint Black.
- Boyfriend - Maren is currently dating country singer Ryan Hurd.
- Family - Her parents operate a hair saloon. She has a younger sister Karsen.
- Philosohpy of life - Is to be herself, allowing for mistakes and being a "regular person". After seeing what the deal of being a star is, she would rather focus on the funny side and be a normal human, getting drunk from time to time, having fun and being herself, rather than posing all the time as a picture-perfect lady. She always laughs when she sees that people don't usually have a clue of what they are doing in the industry.
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
What users say about Maren Morris
- Anonymous user: angel (August 16, 2020)
- Can I get a hallelujah, can I get an amen?
- I’m not the hero in the story, I’m not the girl that gets the glory.
- I started playing all around Texas – any bar or club that would let me in there. I was the only kid in school that had a job on the weekends!
- I didn’t want to write about chasing down a boy or how in love with a person I was.
- I didn’t move to Nashville with any inkling or dreams of getting a record deal. I didn’t have those stars in my eyes. I just wanted to take a break, relax and figure out songwriting.
- I'm actually really happy I didn't make it onto any of the shows I tried out for, because I took a much longer road, but it's on my terms now
Maren Morris Social Media Accounts