- Dame Margaret Natalie Smith, CH, DBE, known as Maggie Smith, is an English actress
|Born:||28 December 1934 Comment |
|How old is Maggie Smith in 2021? / Age: ||86 years
Maggie Smith facts
Join the discussion on Maggie Smith · age »
- She has had an extensive, varied career in stage, film and television spanning over sixty years
- Smith has appeared in over 50 films and is one of Britain's most recognisable actresses
- A prominent figure in British culture for six decades, she was made a Dame by Queen Elizabeth II in 1990 for services to the performing arts, and received the Companion of Honour from the Queen in 2014 for services to drama
- Smith began her career on stage at the Oxford Playhouse in 1952 and made her Broadway debut in New Faces of '56
- For her work on the London stage, she has won a record five Best Actress Evening Standard Awards; for The Private Ear and The Public Eye (1962), Hedda Gabler (1970), Virginia (1981), The Way of the World (1984) and Three Tall Women (1994)
- She a received Tony Award nominations for Private Lives (1975) and Night and Day (1979), before winning the 1990 Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play for Lettice and Lovage
- Other stage roles include Stratford Shakespeare Festival productions of Antony And Cleopatra (1976) and Macbeth (1978), and West End productions of A Delicate Balance (1997) and The Breath of Life (2002)
- On screen, Smith first drew praise for the crime film Nowhere to Go (1958), for which she received her first BAFTA Award nomination
- She has won two Academy Awards, winning Best Actress for The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (1969) and Best Supporting Actress for California Suite (1978)
- She is one of only six actresses to have won in both the Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress categories
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!