- Luther Burbank was an American botanist, horticulturist and pioneer in agricultural science
|Born:||07 March 1849 Comment |
|When did Luther Burbank die? / Died||11 April 1926|
|How many years did Luther Burbank live? / Lived||77 years|
Luther Burbank Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Luther Burbank worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
Luther Burbank facts
- He developed more than 800 strains and varieties of plants over his 55-year career
- Burbank's varied creations included fruits, flowers, grains, grasses, and vegetables
- He developed (but did not create) a spineless cactus (useful for cattle-feed) and the plumcot
- Burbank's most successful strains and varieties include the Shasta daisy, the fire poppy (note possible confusion with the California wildflower, Papaver californicum, which is also called a fire poppy), the "July Elberta" peach, the "Santa Rosa" plum, the "Flaming Gold" nectarine, the "Wickson" plum (named after agronomist Edward J
- Wickson), the freestone peach, and the white blackberry
- A natural genetic variant of the Burbank potato with russet-colored skin later became known as the Russet Burbank potato
- This large, brown-skinned, white-fleshed potato has become the world's predominant potato in food processing
- The Russet Burbank potato was in fact invented to help with the devastating situation in Ireland during the Irish Potato famine
- This particular potato variety was created by Burbank to help "revive the country's leading crop" as it is blight-resistant
- The blight is a disease that spread and destroyed potatoes all across Europe but caused extreme chaos in Ireland due to the high dependency on potatoes as a crop by the Irish
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!