- The Los Angeles Lakers are an American professional basketball team based in Los Angeles
Los Angeles Lakers facts
- The Lakers compete in the National Basketball Association (NBA), as a member club of the league's Western Conference Pacific Division
- The Lakers play their home games at Staples Center, an arena shared with the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers, the Los Angeles Sparks of the Women's National Basketball Association, and the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League
- The Lakers are one of the most successful teams in the history of the NBA, and have won 16 NBA championships, their last being in 2010
- As of 2015, the Lakers are the second most valuable franchise in the NBA according to Forbes, having an estimated value of $2
- 7 billion
- The franchise began with the 1947 purchase of a disbanded team, the Detroit Gems of the National Basketball League (NBL)
- The new team began playing in Minneapolis, calling themselves the Minneapolis Lakers in honor of the state's nickname, "Land of 10,000 Lakes"
- Initially a member of the NBL, the Lakers won the 1948 NBL championship before joining the rival Basketball Association of America and winning five of the next six BAA and NBA championships in Minneapolis after the NBA formed in 1949
- The team was propelled by center George Mikan, who is described by the NBA's official website as the league's "first superstar"
- After struggling financially in the late 1950s following Mikan's retirement, they relocated to Los Angeles before the 1960–61 season
Other celebrities: Polyvore, Sting Energy Drink, Brammo, Hush Puppies, JazmÃn Chebar, Caloi, La SerenÃsima, Vakko, Vistara, HobbyKing, Cheerwine, Universal Music India, Seeds of Change, Hotel Chocolat, Omaze, Palm Harbor Homes, Goodshop, A&W Restaurants, Planeta Ãgua, J&B Spain