- American actor, producer and environmental activist, with 206 award and nominations as of 2016, among which winning an Oscar, several Golden Globe, BAFTA, ACCTA and many more.
|Real name:||Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio|
|How tall is Leonardo DiCaprio?||183 cm / 6 ft 1 in|
|Weight|| 75 kg / 165 lbs||When was Leonardo DiCaprio born?||11 November 1974 |
|How old is Leonardo DiCaprio in 2020? ||45 years|
|Where was Leonardo DiCaprio born?||Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Residence:||Los Angeles, California, USA|
Net worth 2020 (estimated)
|How much does Leonardo DiCaprio worth?||$245,000,000|
Who is Leonardo DiCaprio? / Facts
- Won his long awaited Oscar - In 2016, after his 5th Oscar nomination of his career, he finally nailed the statue and took it home, for his leading role in The Revenant. Much criticism flew around the web about it, including some very good jokes and even video games prior to the final announcement.
- Leo's acting career in figures:
- 1991 - first appearance in a movie (Critters 3);
- 1993 - the year when he first starred in a movie;
- 1994 - his first Oscar nomination - for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (What's Eating Gilbert Grape);
- 2016 - his first Oscar award - for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role (The Revenant);
- 27 feature films as of 2016;
- 206 awards and nominations;
- Not a very promising start - His first appearance on TV was on the TV show Romper Room, but was fired for being too disruptive. Prior to this he appeared in several TV commercials and educational films.
- Considered another direction - When he was 11 he wanted to give up acting and focus on his break dancing career. He was pretty good, and even won a prize in a German competition. Also that's where he got his Noodle nickname.
- His way - He decided to open his own production company, Appian Way Productions. The first film, The Assassination of Richard Nixon, was released in 2004. It also produced some of the movies he starred in, including Shutter Island and The Aviator as well as big box-office hits such as The Ides of March and Public Enemies.
- The source - You were right, in case you considered Leonardo da Vinci as the source of inspiration for his name. His mother was contemplating one of his paintings while pregnant and tiny Leo first kicked.
- Party man - He sure knew how to party based on his entourage nickname, the Pussy Posse. However it is said that he never did drugs.
- Yakutia Oscar - In 2016, the women from the Yakutia region in Russia, gathered their jewels and melted them to create a silver Oscar statue, which they gave to Leonardo. He flew to receive it and posted a picture of it on its Instagram account.
- Anime fan - He is known to be a great Anime fan. Might run in the family as his father was a comic book dealer.
- Has his own song - The band K3, wrote a song called "I'm in Love with Leonardo DiCaprio."
- Gives back - He has his own foundation, The Leonardo diCaprio Foundation, established in 1998. It gave $60 grants so far, and it focuses on environmental issues, from conservation to climate change, indigenous rights and public advocacy.
- Environmental activist - He can also name 20 endangered species from memory. He even changed his website so it focuses now more on activism than on his movie career.
- Puts it into practice - Has 3 electric cars, his house is solar powered and he has an island in Belize which he wants to turn into an eco friendly resort no fossil fuel, no chemicals. He has been thrown some rotten tomatoes at for flying in his private jet to receive an award for his environmental activities. Critics raised an eyebrow at this for being wasteful and encouraging more fossil fuel consumption.
- Almost died - When he was 21, while skydiving. He says he never recommends that. His parachute flew tangled. It was a tandem jump so his instructor pulled the safety parachute but it was tangled too. But they managed to sort things out while free falling and everything ended well. And 2 years after that, we had millions of pairs of eyes flooding while watching Titanic.
- Seeds Elementary School - Los Angeles, California, USA
- Center for Enriched Studies - Los Angeles, California, USA
- John Marshall High School - Los Angeles, California, USA
- "The best thing about acting is that I get to lose myself in another character and actually get paid for it. It's a great outlet. As for myself, I'm not sure who I am. It seems that I change every day."
- "People want you to be a crazy, out-of-control teen brat. They want you miserable, just like them. They don't want heroes; what they want is to see you fall."
- "I'm not the kind of person who tries to be cool or trendy, I'm definitely an individual."
- "I don't think I ever expected anything like an Oscar ever, to tell you the truth. That is not my motivation when I do these roles. I really am motivated by being able to work with great people and create a body of work that I can look back and be proud of."
- "I really don't know what I'm doing... I don't. It's terrible. I go in there and I learn how to be like the character and do the best I can, and that's all I really do."
- "I don't really have many extravagances. I don't fly private jets and I don't have bodyguards and I don't buy crazy things. I have a couple of houses here and there. I bought a very expensive watch, and I am going to buy a really expensive movie poster, the original for The Thief of Bagdad (1940). I love movie posters."
Leonardo DiCaprio Social Media Accounts