- Kylie Minogue is an Australian singer, songwriter, and actress
- She achieved recognition starring in the Australian soap opera Neighbours, where she played tomboy mechanic Charlene Robinson
|Real name:||Kylie Ann Minogue|
|Born:||28 May 1968 Comment |
|How old is Kylie Minogue in 2021? / Age: ||53 years
|Where was Kylie Minogue born?||Melbourne, Australia|
Who is Kylie Minogue? / Facts
- Appearing in the series for two years, Minogue's character married Scott Robinson (Jason Donovan) in an episode viewed by nearly 20 million people in the United Kingdom making it one of the most watched Australian TV episodes ever
- Since then, Minogue has been a recording artist and has achieved commercial success and critical acclaim in the entertainment industry
- Minogue has been recognised with several honorific nicknames including "Princess of Pop" and "Goddess of Pop"
- She is recognised as the highest-selling Australian artist of all time by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA)
- Born and raised in Melbourne, Australia, Minogue has for many years worked and lived in London
- She signed to PWL in 1987 and released her first studio album Kylie the next year
- In 1992, she left PWL and signed with Deconstruction Records and where she created her self-titled studio album and Impossible Princess, both of which received positive reviews from critics
- Returning to more mainstream dance-oriented music, Minogue signed to Parlophone and released "Spinning Around"
- Her 2001 single "Can't Get You Out of My Head" became one of the most successful singles during the 2000s, selling over ten million units
- It is recognised as her "signature song" and was named "the catchiest song ever" by Yahoo! Music
- Her album Fever (2001) was a hit in many countries, including the United States
- Throughout her career, Minogue has released many successful singles, including "The Loco-Motion", "Especially for You", "Hand on Your Heart", "Better the Devil You Know", "Confide in Me", "Spinning Around", "Slow", "2 Hearts" and "All The Lovers"
- In 2005, while Minogue was on her Showgirl: The Greatest Hits Tour, she was diagnosed with breast cancer
- After treatment, she resumed the tour under the title Showgirl: The Homecoming Tour, which critics viewed as a "triumph"
- Minogue resumed work as an actress and appeared in the films Moulin Rouge! (2001), Jack & Diane, and Holy Motors (2012)
- In 2014, she appeared as a judge on the third series of The Voice UK and The Voice Australia
- Her other ventures include product endorsements, children books and fashion
- Minogue's own company Darenote oversees all her endorsed products, musical recordings and her range of homeware
- As of 2015, Minogue has had worldwide record sales of more than 80 million
- She has mounted several successful and critically acclaimed concert world tours and received a Mo Award for "Australian Entertainer of the Year" for her live performances
- She was appointed OBE by Prince Charles in 2008
- She was appointed by the French government as a Chevalier (knight) of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres for her contribution to the enrichment of French culture
- Minogue was awarded an honorary Doctor of Health Science (D.H.Sc.) degree by Anglia Ruskin University for her work in raising awareness for breast cancer
- In November 2011, on the 25th anniversary of the ARIA Music Awards, she was inducted by the Australian Recording Industry Association into the ARIA Hall of Fame
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 11 July 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!