- Kenneth Lane "Ken" Thompson, commonly referred to as ken in hacker circles, is an American pioneer of computer science
|Born:||04 February 1943 Comment |
|How old is Ken Thompson in 2021? / Age: ||78 years
Ken Thompson facts
- Having worked at Bell Labs for most of his career, Thompson designed and implemented the original Unix operating system
- He also invented the B programming language, the direct predecessor to the C programming language, and was one of the creators and early developers of the Plan 9 operating systems
- Since 2006, Thompson has worked at Google, where he co-invented the Go programming language
- Other notable contributions included his work on regular expressions and early computer text editors QED and ed, the definition of the UTF-8 encoding, his work on computer chess that included creation of endgame tablebases and the chess machine Belle
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!