- Katherine Murray "Kate" Millett is an American feminist writer, educator, artist, and activist
|Born:||14 September 1934 Comment |
|How old is Kate Millett in 2021? / Age: ||86 years
Kate Millett facts
- She attended Oxford University and was the first American woman to be awarded a postgraduate degree with first-class honors by St
- She has been described as "a seminal influence on second-wave feminism", and is best known for her 1970 book Sexual Politics, which was her doctoral dissertation at Columbia University
- Journalist Liza Featherstone attributes previously unimaginable "legal abortion, greater professional equality between the sexes, and a sexual freedom" being made possible partially due to Millett's efforts
- The feminist, human rights, peace, civil rights, and anti-psychiatry movements have been some of Millett's key causes
- Her books were motivated by her activism, such as woman's rights and mental health reform, and several were autobiographical memoirs that explored her sexuality, mental health, and relationships
- Mother Millett and The Loony Bin Trip, for instance, dealt with family issues and the times when she was involuntarily committed to a nursing home
- Besides appearing in a number of documentaries, she produced Three Lives
- In the 1960s and 1970s, Millett taught at Waseda University, Bryn Mawr College, Barnard College, and University of California, Berkeley
- Millett was raised in Minnesota and has spent most of her adult life in Manhattan and the Woman's Art Colony, which became the Millett Center for the Arts in 2012 that she established in Poughkeepsie, New York
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!