- Judy Faulkner is an American billionaire
- She is the CEO and founder of Epic Systems, a healthcare software company
- Find more facts about her below
|Real name:||Judith R. Faulkner|
|Born:||01 August 1943 Comment |
|How old is Judy Faulkner in 2021? / Age: ||77 years
|Where was Judy Faulkner born?||Wisconsin, U.S.A.|
|Residence:||Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.A.|
|Nicknames:||The most powerful woman in healthcare|
Judy Faulkner Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is Judy Faulkner worth?||$5,500,000,000
Who is Judy Faulkner? / Facts
- Early life - Faulkner was born in Wisconsin to Louis and Del Greenfield, and was raised in the Erlton neighborhood of Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
Faulkner's parents inspired her early interest in health care.
Her father, Louis, was a pharmacist and her mother, Del, was the director of Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility.
- Education - Faulkner graduated from Moorestown Friends School in 1961.
She then received a bachelor's degree in mathematics from Dickinson College and a master's degree in computer science from the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
- Business career - In 1979, shortly after receiving her master's degree, Faulkner co-founded with Dr. John Greist in a Wisconsin basement Human Services Computing, soon to be America's leading medical-record software provider.
Human Services Computing, which later became Epic Systems, started with a $70,000 investment from friends and family.
She and two part-time assistants were the only employees.
- Epic Systems - The company has never raised venture capital or made an acquisition, and develops all its software in-house.
It remains a privately held company and Faulkner has stated they will never go public.
Epic Systems supports the medical records of over 250 million patients, and is used by top medical centers such as Johns Hopkins and Mayo Clinic.
Faulkner and her family currently own 43% of Epic Systems.
- The Giving Pledge - Faulkner signed The Giving Pledge in 2015 and has agreed to eventually gift 99% of her stake in Epic to a private charitable foundation.
- Honors and accolades:
- Forbes' America's Top 50 Women In Tech 2018
- #72 - Power Women 2019
- #2 - Forbes' America's Self-Made Women 2020
- Personal life - Faulkner is married to Dr. Gordon Faulkner, a pediatrician.
They have three children and live in Madison, Wisconsin.
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
- Moorestown Friends School
- Dickinson College
- University of Wisconsin–Madison
I was an undergrad math major and a grad student in computer science. I'm hugely introverted, not atypical of math majors.
One of the things that made Epic strong when I wrote the original code was that it never occurred to me to do anything other than put the patient at the center. I developed a clinical system at a time when the health care world had pretty much only billing and lab systems available.
I like to keep some privacy, be a normal person.
I get so many requests for interviews. If I talk to everyone, we can't do our job with our customers and work on our software. It would be hard to stay focused.
I like to go around, and people not knowing who I am.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 27 October 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!