- Johns Manville is an American corporation based in Denver, Colorado that manufactures insulation, roofing materials, and engineered products
Johns Manville facts
- For much of the 20th century, the then-titled Johns-Manville Corporation was the global leader in the manufacture of asbestos-containing products, including asbestos pipe insulation, asbestos shingles, asbestos roofing materials and asbestos cement pipe
- Johns Manville stock was included in the Dow Jones Industrial Average from January 29, 1930 to August 27, 1982 when it was replaced by American Express
- In 1981, Johns-Manville Corporation was renamed simply "Manville"
- In 1982, facing unprecedented liability for asbestos injury claims, Johns Manville voluntarily filed for bankruptcy under Chapter 11 of the U
- Bankruptcy Code
- Berkshire Hathaway bought the company in 2001
- Chairman & CEO Jerry Henry retired in 2004; Steve Hochhauser became Chairman, President & CEO
- Todd Raba s쳮ded him in the summer of 2007; Raba came from MidAmerican Energy Holdings, another Berkshire Hathaway company
- In November of 2012, Mary Rhinehart was named President & CEO
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Talwalkars, Healthgrades, Timotei, Vitabiotics, Napoleon Perdis, ModelCo, Mennen, Jurlique, Uniprix, Proxim