- American singer-songwriter, guitarist, actor, and author, who was widely considered one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century and one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold more than 90 million records worldwide
|Real name:||John R. Cash|
Johnny Cash Height
|How tall was Johnny Cash?||188 cm / 6 ft 3 in|
|Born:||26 February 1932 Comment |
|When did Johnny Cash die? / Died||12 September 2003|
|How many years did Johnny Cash live? / Lived||71 years|
|Where was Johnny Cash born?||Nashville, Tennessee, USA|
Johnny Cash Net worth 2023 (estimated)
|How much is Johnny Cash worth?||$120,000,000|
Who was Johnny Cash? / Facts
- Although primarily remembered as a country music icon, his genre-spanning songs and sound embraced rock and roll, rockabilly, blues, folk, and gospel
- This crossover appeal won Cash the rare honor of multiple inductions in the Country Music, Rock and Roll, and Gospel Music Halls of Fame
- Cash was known for his deep, calm bass-baritone voice, the distinctive sound of his Tennessee Three backing band, a rebelliousness coupled with an increasingly somber and humble demeanor, free prison concerts, and a trademark look, which earned him the nickname "The Man in Black"
- He traditionally began his concerts with the simple "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash", followed by his signature "Folsom Prison Blues"
- Much of Cash's music contained themes of sorrow, moral tribulation and redemption, especially in the later stages of his career
- His best-known songs include "I Walk the Line", "Folsom Prison Blues", "Ring of Fire", "Get Rhythm" and "Man in Black"
- He also recorded humorous numbers like "One Piece at a Time" and "A Boy Named Sue"; a duet with his future wife, June Carter, called "Jackson" (followed by many further duets after their marriage); and railroad songs including "Hey, Porter", "Orange Blossom Special" and "Rock Island Line"
- During the last stage of his career, Cash covered songs by several late 20th century rock artists, notably "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails and "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Johnny Cash Social Media Accounts
Kathy Cash, Tara Cash, Vivian Liberto