- English singer and songwriter who co-founded the Beatles (1960-70), the most commercially successful band in the history of popular music
|Real name:||John Winston Ono Lennon|
John Lennon Height
|How tall was John Lennon?||179 cm / 5 ft 11 in|
|Born:||09 October 1940 Comment |
|When did John Lennon die? / Died||08 December 1980|
|How many years did John Lennon live? / Lived||40 years|
|Where was John Lennon born?||Liverpool, United Kingdom|
|Where did John Lennon die? / Deathplace ||Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States|
John Lennon Net worth 2021 (estimated)
|How much is John Lennon worth?||$800,000,000
Who was John Lennon? / Facts
- With fellow member Paul McCartney, he formed a celebrated songwriting partnership
- Born and raised in Liverpool, Lennon became involved in the skiffle craze as a teenager; his first band, the Quarrymen, evolved into the Beatles in 1960
- When the group disbanded in 1970, Lennon embarked on a solo career that produced the albums John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band and Imagine, and songs such as "Give Peace a Chance", "Working Class Hero", and "Imagine"
- After his marriage to Yoko Ono in 1969, he changed his name to John Ono Lennon
- Lennon disengaged himself from the music business in 1975 to raise his infant son Sean, but re-emerged with Ono in 1980 with the new album Double Fantasy
- He was murdered three weeks after its release
- Lennon revealed a rebellious nature and acerbic wit in his music, writing, drawings, on film and in interviews
- Controversial through his political and peace activism, he moved to Manhattan in 1971, where his criticism of the Vietnam War resulted in a lengthy attempt by Richard Nixon's administration to deport him, while some of his songs were adopted as anthems by the anti-war movement and the larger counterculture
- By 2012, Lennon's solo album sales in the United States exceeded 14 million and, as writer, co-writer, or performer, he is responsible for 25 number-one singles on the US Hot 100 chart
- In 2002, a BBC poll on the 100 Greatest Britons voted him eighth and, in 2008, Rolling Stone ranked him the fifth-greatest singer of all time
- He was posthumously inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1987, and into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, as a member of the Beatles in 1988 and as a solo artist in 1994
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 14 May 2018
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!