- Dame Joan Alston Sutherland, OM, AC, DBE was an Australian dramatic coloratura soprano noted for her contribution to the renaissance of the bel canto repertoire from the late 1950s through to the 1980s
|Born:||07 November 1926 Comment |
|When did Joan Sutherland die? / Died||10 October 2010|
|How many years did Joan Sutherland live? / Lived||83 years|
Joan Sutherland Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Joan Sutherland worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
Joan Sutherland facts
- One of the most remarkable female opera singers of the 20th century, she was d믭 La Stupenda by a La Fenice audience in 1960 after a performance of the title role in Handel's Alcina
- She possessed a voice of beauty and power, combining extraordinary agility, accurate intonation, "supremely" pinpoint staccatos, a splendid trill and a tremendous upper register, although music critics often complained about the imprecision of her diction
- Her friend Luciano Pavarotti once called Sutherland the "Voice of the Century"; Montserrat Caballé described the Australian's voice as being like "heaven"
- Sutherland was the first Australian to win a Grammy Award, for Best Classical Performance – Vocal Soloist (with or without orchestra) in 1962
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
What users say about Joan Sutherland
- john brady: fantastic! (August 04, 2020)
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!