- Joan Jiko Halifax is an American Zen Buddhist teacher, anthropologist, ecologist, civil rights activist, hospice caregiver, and the author of several books on Buddhism and spirituality
|Born:||30 July 1942 Comment |
|How old is Joan Halifax in 2022? / Age: ||79 years
Joan Halifax Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is Joan Halifax worth?||Not disclosed yet. Comment|
Joan Halifax facts
- She currently serves as abbot and guiding teacher of Upaya Zen Center in Santa Fe, New Mexico, a Zen Peacemaker community which she founded in 1990
- Halifax-roshi has received Dharma transmission from both Bernard Glassman and Thich Nhat Hanh, and previously studied under the Korean master Seung Sahn
- In the 1970s she collaborated on LSD research projects with her ex-husband Stanislav Grof, in addition to other collaborative efforts with Joseph Campbell and Alan Lomax
- She is founder of the Ojai Foundation in California, which she led from 1979 to 1989
- As a socially engaged Buddhist, Halifax has done extensive work with the dying through her Project on Being with Dying (which she founded)
- She is on the board of directors of the Mind and Life Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated in exploring the relationship of science and Buddhism
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!