- Jimmie Van Zant was an American singer, songwriter, and guitarist
|When did Jimmie Van Zant die? / Died||07 April 2016|
Jimmie Van Zant facts
- He was born in Jacksonville, Florida, the illegitimate son of E
- Van Zant who was the uncle of musicians Donnie, Johnny, and Ronnie Van Zant
- He took the surname Kelsay from his mother, later adopting his father's name, Van Zant
- He began playing guitar and piano as a child, mentored by his cousin Ronnie Van Zant, but largely gave up music until the 1977 plane crash in which Ronnie, the founder and lead singer of Lynyrd Skynyrd, was killed
- Jimmie Van Zant then took up a career playing Southern rock music, and performed at festivals and Harley Davidson shows before recording the albums The Jimmie Van Zant Band (1996) and Southern Comfort (2000)
- He toured widely with his band, performing over 200 shows each year, and released a third album, Feels Like Freedom, in 2012
- He died in a hospice in Florida in 2016, aged 59, after several years of treatment for liver cancer
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!