- Jerome Adams is an American anesthesiologist and a vice admiral in the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
|Real name:||Jerome Michael Adams||Born:||22 September 1974 |
|How old is Jerome Adams in 2020? / Age: ||46 years|
|Where was Jerome Adams born?||Orange, New Jersey, U.S.A.|
Who is Jerome Adams? / Facts
- Family, early life and education - Adams is the son of Richard and Edrena Adams of Mechanicsville, Maryland, and grew up on the family farm.
He attended Chopticon High School, graduating in 1992, in the top 5% of his class.
He then attended the University of Maryland Baltimore County through a full-tuition Meyerhoff Scholarship, a grant dedicated to minority students interested in the sciences.
Adams received his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and his Bachelor of Arts in Biopsychology.
Additionally, Adams studied abroad in the Netherlands and Zimbabwe.
Adams attended medical school at Indiana University School of Medicine as an Eli Lilly and Company Scholar.
He also received a Master of Public Health degree from the University of California, Berkeley in 2000, with a focus on chronic disease prevention.
Adams completed his internship in internal medicine (2002–2003) at St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital, and his residency in anesthesiology (2003–2006) at Indiana University.
He is board certified in anesthesiology.
Career - After two years in private practice at Ball Memorial Hospital, Adams was named assistant professor of anesthesiology at Indiana University.
He has written several academic papers and book chapters, including chapters in Anesthesia Student Survival Guide: A Case-based Approach.
Before becoming Surgeon General, he served as the Indiana State Health Commissioner, from 2014 to 2017.
- Present role - He's the 20th Surgeon General of the United States.
On June 29, 2017, President Donald Trump nominated Adams to become Surgeon General of the United States.
He assumed office on September 5, 2017.
- Political party - Adams is not a republican, nor a democrat, he's independent.
- Trivia - He doesn’t support the use of marijuana.
- Personal life - Adams is married to Lacey Adams and the couple has three children.
- Social media stats - He has 32.5K followers on Twitter as of May 2020.
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (BA, BS)
- Indiana University, Indianapolis (MD)
- University of California, Berkeley (MPH)
This was actually one of my proudest professional moments - because I grew up not only never dreaming I’d be Surgeon General, but not thinking I would survive to adulthood. I sincerely hope I gave at least a few kids a little more hope and inspiration!
Lacey Adams, Edrena Adams,
Other celebrities: Hudson Silva, Dialog Semiconductor, iPod, Meica, Werner Faymann, Dog & Pineapple, BodÃ¸ Graduate School of Business, Marian Rivera, The Missing Links, Petrol Ofisi, Sky Deutschland, AXA UK, Presentation, H&M MÃ©xico, TWG Tea, Mustafa Kemal AtatÃ¼rk, Jamaica Blue, Freedom of the press, Langenscheidt, Tea culture
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 08 May 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!