Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr
|How old is Instagram in 2021? / Age:
|Where was Instagram founded?
What is Instagram? / Facts
- Originally, a distinctive feature was that it confined photos to a square shape, similar to Kodak Instamatic and Polaroid SX-70 images, in contrast to the 4:3 aspect ratio typically used by mobile device cameras
- In August 2015, version 7.5 was released, allowing users to upload media captured in any aspect ratio
- Users can also apply digital filters to their images
- Videos on Instagram debuted with a 640x640 fixed resolution and maximum 15-second limit in June 2013; resolutions now include up to 1080p since July 2015 and length is now up to 60 seconds since January 2016
Instagram was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, and launched in October 2010 as a free mobile app
- The service rapidly gained popularity, with over 100 million active users as of April 2012 and over 300 million as of December 2014
- Instagram is distributed through the Apple App Store and Google Play
- Support for the app is available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Windows 10 devices and Android handsets, while third-party Instagram apps are available for BlackBerry 10 and Nokia-Symbian Devices
- The service was acquired by Facebook in April 2012 for approximately US$1 billion in cash and stock
- In 2013, Instagram grew by 23%, while Facebook, as the parent company, only grew by 3%
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 16 March 2021
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!