- Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr
|How old is Instagram in 2021? / Age: ||11 years
|Where was Instagram founded?||United States|
What is Instagram? / Facts
- Originally, a distinctive feature was that it confined photos to a square shape, similar to Kodak Instamatic and Polaroid SX-70 images, in contrast to the 4:3 aspect ratio typically used by mobile device cameras
- In August 2015, version 7.5 was released, allowing users to upload media captured in any aspect ratio
- Users can also apply digital filters to their images
- Videos on Instagram debuted with a 640x640 fixed resolution and maximum 15-second limit in June 2013; resolutions now include up to 1080p since July 2015 and length is now up to 60 seconds since January 2016
- Instagram was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, and launched in October 2010 as a free mobile app
- The service rapidly gained popularity, with over 100 million active users as of April 2012 and over 300 million as of December 2014
- Instagram is distributed through the Apple App Store and Google Play
- Support for the app is available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Windows 10 devices and Android handsets, while third-party Instagram apps are available for BlackBerry 10 and Nokia-Symbian Devices
- The service was acquired by Facebook in April 2012 for approximately US$1 billion in cash and stock
- In 2013, Instagram grew by 23%, while Facebook, as the parent company, only grew by 3%
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 16 March 2021
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!