- Inside Llewyn Davis /ˈluː
Inside Llewyn Davis facts
- ɪn deɪvɪs/ is a 2013 American black comedy drama film written, directed, produced, and edited by Joel and Ethan Coen
- Set in 1961, the film follows one week in the life of Llewyn Davis, played by Oscar Isaac, a folk singer struggling to achieve musical success while keeping his life in order
- It co-stars Carey Mulligan, John Goodman, Garrett Hedlund, F
- Murray Abraham, and Justin Timberlake
- Although Davis is a fictional character, the story was partly inspired by the autobiography of folk singer Dave Van Ronk
- Most of the folk songs performed in the film are sung in full and recorded live
- T Bone Burnett was the executive music producer
- The film won the Grand Prix at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival, where it screened on May 19, 2013
- The film received a limited release in the United States on December 6, 2013, and was given a wide release on January 10, 2014
- The film received critical acclaim and was nominated for two Academy Awards—Best Cinematography and Best Sound Mixing—and for three Golden Globe Awards—Best Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical, Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy (Oscar Isaac) and Best Original Song
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!