- Muhammad Hosni El Sayed Mubarak sˈsæjjed moˈbɑːɾɑk], Muḥammad Ḥusnī Sayyid Mubārak ; born 4 May 1928) is a former Egyptian military and political leader who served as the fourth President of Egypt from 1981 to 2011
|Born:||04 May 1928 Comment |
|How old is Hosni Mubarak in 2021? / Age: ||93 years
Hosni Mubarak facts
- Before he entered politics, Mubarak was a career officer in the Egyptian Air Force
- He served as its commander from 1972 to 1975 and rose to the rank of air chief marshal in 1973
- Some time in the 1950s, he returned to the Air Force Academy as an instructor, remaining there until early 1959
- He was appointed Vice-President of Egypt by President Anwar Sadat in 1975 and assumed the presidency on 14 October 1981, eight days after Sadat's assassination
- Mubarak's presidency lasted almost thirty years, making him Egypt's longest-serving ruler since Muhammad Ali Pasha, who ruled the country from 1805 to 1848, a reign of 43 years
- Mubarak stepped down after 18 days of demonstrations during the Egyptian Revolution of 2011
- On 11 February 2011, Vice President Omar Suleiman announced that Mubarak had resigned as president and transferred authority to the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces
- On 13 April 2011, a prosecutor ordered Mubarak and both of his sons (Alaa and Gamal) to be detained for 15 days of questioning about allegations of corruption and abuse of power
- Mubarak was then ordered to stand trial on charges of negligence for failing to halt the killing of peaceful protesters during the revolution
- These trials began on 3 August 2011
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!