- Herbert Jay Solomon, known by his stage name Herbie Mann, was an American jazz flautist and important early practitioner of world music
|Born:||16 April 1930 Comment |
|When did Herbie Mann die? / Died||01 July 2003|
|How many years did Herbie Mann live? / Lived||73 years|
Herbie Mann facts
- Early in his career, he also played tenor saxophone and clarinet (including bass clarinet), but Mann was among the first jazz musicians to specialize on the flute
- His most popular single was "Hijack", which was a Billboard No
- 1 dance hit for three weeks in 1975
- Mann emphasized the groove approach in his music
- Mann felt that from his repertoire, the "epitome of a groove record" was Memphis Underground or Push Push, because the "rhythm section locked all in one perception
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!