- Guild Wars is a competitive online role-playing game series developed by ArenaNet and published by NCSOFT
Guild Wars facts
- Because it deviated from traditional MMORPG norms in a number of areas, like instancing all the gameplay areas, and that it focused more on player vs
- player (PvP) than most online RPGs, it was marketed as competitive online role-playing game
- It provides two main modes of gameplay—a cooperative role-playing component and a competitive PvP component—both of which are hosted on ArenaNet's servers
- Three stand-alone episodes, one major expansion pack, and several "mini"-expansions were released in the series from April 2005 to April 2013
- The games depict the history of the fictional fantasy world of Tyria; each campaign focuses on events in disjointed sections of the world at roughly the same time
- A player creates an avatar to play through the cooperative storyline of a campaign, taking on the role of a hero who must save Tyria from episode-specific antagonists
- Players can group with other players and non-player characters, known as henchmen and heroes, to perform missions and quests found throughout the game-world
- PvP combat is consensual, team based, and limited to areas designed for such combat
- Players are allowed to create characters at maximum level and with the best equipment specifically for PvP play, which is unusual for MMORPGs
- ArenaNet hosts official Guild Wars tournaments where the most successful players and guilds may compete for the chance to play live at gaming conventions and win prizes up to US$100,000
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Doc Hammer, Arcturus, Fischel, North Kansas City Hospital, Besser, Management & Krankenhaus - Zeitung fÃ¼r Entscheider im Gesundheitswesen, Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital, Hunger & Simmeth Werbefotografie, Stoat, Kargo
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!