- Groupon is an American worldwide e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 28 countries
- Based in Chicago, Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City and Toronto
- By October 2010 Groupon was available in 150 cities in North America and 100 cities in Europe, Asia and South America, and had 35 million registered users
- By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 cities worldwide, nearly 48
- 1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally
- The idea for Groupon was created by now-ousted CEO and Pittsburgh native Andrew Mason
- The idea subsequently gained the attention of his former employer, Eric Lefkofsky, who provided $1 million in "seed money" to develop the idea
- In April 2010, the company was valued at $1
- 35 billion
- According to a December 2010 report conducted by Groupon's marketing association and reported in Forbes magazine and the Wall Street Journal, Groupon was "projecting that the company is on pace to make $1 billion in sales faster than any other business, ever
- In its first earnings release as a public company, Groupon reported a 2011 fourth-quarter loss of $9
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
Other celebrities: Runner Runner, Broken City, ABCD 2, Last Vegas, Bola Kampung, La Haine, The Apparition, Movie 43, Rust and Bone, Girl Most Likely
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!