- Hungarian-American business magnate, investor, philanthropist, political activist, and author
|How tall is George Soros?
||180 cm / 5 ft 11 in
|When was George Soros born?
||12 August 1930
|How old is George Soros in 2019?
|Where was George Soros born?
||New York, US
Net worth 2018 (estimated)
|How much does George Soros worth?
Who is George Soros? / Facts
- He is chairman of Soros Fund Management
- He is known as "The Man Who Broke the Bank of England" because of his short sale of US$10 billion worth of Pound sterling, making him a profit of $1 billion during the 1992 Black Wednesday UK currency crisis
- Soros is one of the 30 richest people in the world
- Soros is a well known supporter of American progressive and American liberal political causes
- Between 1979 and 2011 Soros donated more than $11 billion to various philanthropic causes
- He played a significant role in the peaceful transition from communism to capitalism in Eastern Europe in the late 1980s and early 1990s, and provided one of Europe's largest higher education endowments to the Central European University in Budapest
- Soros is also the chairman of the Open Society Foundations
- London School of Economics
- A full and fair discussion is essential to democracy
- I put forward a pretty general theory that financial markets are intrinsically unstable. That we really have a false picture when we think about markets tending towards equilibrium
- Increasingly, the Chinese will own a lot more of the world because they will be converting their dollar reserves and U.S. government bonds into real assets
- Regulating and taxing marijuana would simultaneously save taxpayers billions of dollars in enforcement and incarceration costs, while providing many billions of dollars in revenue annually
- Once we realize that imperfect understanding is the human condition there is no shame in being wrong, only in failing to correct our mistakes
- Well, you know, I was a human being before I became a businessman.