- George Walton Lucas, Jr. is an American filmmaker and entrepreneur
- He is best known as the creator of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises, as well as the founder of Lucasfilm and Industrial Light & Magic
|Real name:||George Walton Lucas Jr.|
George Lucas Height
|How tall is George Lucas?||168 cm / 5 ft 7 in|
|Weight|| 77 kg / 170 lbs Comment
|Born:||14 May 1944 Comment |
|How old is George Lucas in 2022? / Age: ||77 years
|Where was George Lucas born?||Modesto, California, US|
George Lucas Net worth 2022 (estimated)
|How much is George Lucas worth?||$7,000,000,000 Comment|
Who is George Lucas? / Facts
- He was the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Lucasfilm, before selling it to The Walt Disney Company in 2012
- Upon graduating from the University of Southern California in 1967, Lucas co-founded American Zoetrope with fellow filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola
- Lucas wrote and directed THX 1138 (1971), based on his earlier student short Electronic Labyrinth: THX 1138 4EB, which was a critical success but a financial failure
- His next work as a writer-director was the film, American Graffiti (1973), inspired by his teen years in early 1960s Modesto, California, and produced through the newly founded Lucasfilm
- The film was critically and commercially successful, and received five Academy Award nominations including Best Picture
- Lucas's next film, an epic space opera titled Star Wars (1977), went through a troubled production process; however, was a surprise hit, becoming the highest-grossing film at the time, as well as a winner of 6 Academy Awards and a cultural phenomenon
- Following the first Star Wars film, Lucas produced and co-wrote the following installments in the trilogy, The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Along with Steven Spielberg, Lucas co-created and wrote the Indiana Jones films Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), Temple of Doom (1984), and The Last Crusade (1989)
- Lucas also produced and/or wrote a variety of films through Lucasfilm in the 1980s and 1990s
- In 1997, Lucas re-released the original Star Wars trilogy as part of a Special Edition, where he made several alterations to the films; home media releases with further changes were released in 2004 and 2011
- Lucas also returned to directing with the Star Wars prequel trilogy, consisting of The Phantom Menace (1999), Attack of the Clones (2002), and Revenge of the Sith (2005)
- He later collaborated on the story for the Indiana Jones sequel Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008), and served as the story writer and executive producer for the war film, Red Tails (2012)
- Five of Lucas's seven features are among the 100 highest-grossing movies at the North American box office, adjusted for ticket-price inflation
- Lucas is one of the American film industry's most financially successful filmmakers, and has been personally nominated for four Academy Awards
- Lucas is considered a significant figure in the New Hollywood era
Bio / wiki sources: Wikipedia, accounts on social media, content from our users.
No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
Train yourself to let go of the things you fear to lose.
Info source: Wikipedia, social media accounts, users content.
Last update: 30 December 2020
We do our best for being accurate. If something seems incorrect, please contact us!